Wednesday, November 07, 2007

New Stuff!

Actually this stuff is old........ ! Isn't that how it always is when you are getting a blog up and running? Anyway- the work on this post is from the Video Game world- it's from EA's GoldenEye: Rogue Agent- and these are just the lighting passes.






The game environment artists blocked in the geo and then the vis dev artists would paint over the screenshot- do a quick photoshop pass on it- make sure that the level had a more consistant lighting plan. Video games were a new frontier to me-having *never* picked up a playstation 2 handheld controller- and then in my first meeting, was asked to 'walk around the environment in God mode....' Huh. In front of 20 people and comment on the old Bond style designed by Ken Adams? Sure, nooooooooooooooo problem... hahahahaha!!!!! Well- after that, I was ordered to play an hour a day (at work) ANY video game, as long as I figured out how to navigate the environment. My nephews were jealous that game playing was part of my normal job routine- and am proud to say I now own a PS2- but I only play guitar hero on it. I'm a HUGE fan of this game. When people asked me what I did for a living at the time- I told them that I was corrupting the youth of america.



7 Comments:

Blogger pascal said...

Hello.
I just discovered your blog today.
What a beautiful beautiful world you are offering us here.
I'm a big fan already.
Thank you for this!

Cheers

9:14 PM PST  
Blogger David Colman said...

wow!! I always heard about and your genius work....nice to finally see some of it.....gorgeous pieces!!!

9:28 AM PST  
Blogger John Nevarez said...

Beautiful!!!!

10:54 AM PST  
Blogger Jared Shear said...

WOW!....cool stuff here Denise, can't wait to see more.

2:57 PM PST  
Blogger Paul Abadilla said...

Denise, your work is stellar and very inspiring. i really enjoy your quick plein-air landscape sketches. thanks for posting. =)

7:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kloosli said...

I teach animation at BYU. Found you through Nevarez's blog. Great stuff. Keep it coming.

8:53 AM PST  
Blogger Zheng junxai5 said...

zhengjx20160630
adidas superstar
nike air max uk
cheap ray ban sunglasses
fitflop shoes
gucci belts
oakley sunglasses
fitflop clearance
cheap toms shoes
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton purses
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
ghd hair straighteners
replica rolex watches
air jordan homme
air max
nike air huarache
louis vuitton purses
coach outlet store online clearances
celine bags
coach outlet online
michael kors
kobe 10
true religion outlet
coach outlet
air jordan shoes
adidas yeezy
air force 1 trainers
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors outlet clearance
coach outlet clearance
pandora charms
copy watches
nike store uk
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton handbags
timberlands
gucci outlet online
louis vuitton purses

1:26 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home